Solved

Issue on OpticsBuilder converting to Creo file with multiple configuration objects

• 5 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I am working on a project with multi configuration object, object type is object height, normalization is rectangular, and each object data define by YFIE, XFIE, FLWT in multiconfiguration editor, also each object had different thickness defined by THIC. When I simulate my project in ZEMAX, it works fine, all rays pass through STOP aperture. But when I converter it to Creo, the rays came out to different direction, not all pass through the STOP aperture, just terminated at the source surface.

And when the Creo file be opened, it only can show one config at a time, can’t show all config together.

Anybody tried this before? Or has any idea what the problem is? How to solve it?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by mojtaba.falahati 12 April 2022, 05:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Kelvin,

There are some restrictions on the types and properties of sequential surfaces that will be automatically converted to non-sequential objects. First off, in systems with multiple configurations, operands like YFIE, XFIE, APMN, APMX, CBDX, CBDY are not supported. All unconverted operands will be replaced by a MOFF operand and a brief description of the unconverted operand will automatically be inserted. Sources and Detectors will be positioned with several NPOS and NPAR to place the Source Ellipse for each field and the Detector Rectangle for each image location. However, sometimes you may need to adjust the values to place the sources in the proper positions.

Please note that for ZBD files including multiple configurations, OpticsBuilder can load one configuration at a time. So, converting multiple configurations to NSC one by one may be of more convenience in this case.

I hope this help.

Best regards,

Moj

Mojtaba,

Thank you.  

Kelvin