Question

POP starting beam definition in a material

• 31 August 2023
  • 0 replies

Dear all,

I am trying to model a relatively complex lens system and I would like to use POP to have an accurate estimation of the dimensions and divergence of my source after the lens system. But I having problems with getting the correct definition of Waist X/Waist Y for the initial beam.

My source resides inside a material (not air) and does not emit straight but at an angle. Everything is included in the sequential model through the source being in an object with the proper material and through setting the right vignetting factor for the source. The emitted light can be perfectly described as a Gaussian beam and I have all the parameter that characterizes its emission inside the material.

Now, my question is: does the Gaussian Waist beam type take into account the fact that my source does not emit in air? Reading the manual, I saw that the “Gaussian Angle” and “Gaussian Size+Angle” options require the beam to be specified as it is propagating in air. I would like to ask if there is any way of including the material presence in the initial beam for POP.

Thank a lot in advance!

Fabiana

0 replies

Be the first to reply!