Solved

Non-Sequential Combining a group of objects into One

• 7 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I currently have a set of objects that I use fairly often in my models and instead of me creating them every time with the desired spacings, thicknesses, Etc.. I wanted to know if there is a way to create them once and somehow combine them into one. E.G. Source diode with a specific divergence angle and a rectangular volume with a specific material, X-width, Y-Width and thickness that is some distance form the source diode. Can I package these two objects into one that I can import to my different models?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jeff.Wilde 8 March 2023, 00:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

To duplicate multiple objects, you can always just copy a group of objects from one model and paste them into the same model or another model at whatever row location you like. 

Regards,

Jeff

To duplicate multiple objects, you can always just copy a group of objects from one model and paste them into the same model or another model at whatever row location you like. 

Regards,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I am aware of that but I wanted to know if there is something more intricate, I would like to know if it is possible to combine them into an object that I can share with colleagues instead of sharing a whole zemax file with them to copy from.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I don’t think there is a way to consolidate multiple objects into one composite object -- at least not one that I’m aware of, other than perhaps creating a composite CAD object, but that’s not a very general solution.