Solved

Non-Sequential Combining a group of objects into One

• 7 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I currently have a set of objects that I use fairly often in my models and instead of me creating them every time with the desired spacings, thicknesses, Etc.. I wanted to know if there is a way to create them once and somehow combine them into one. E.G. Source diode with a specific divergence angle and a rectangular volume with a specific material, X-width, Y-Width and thickness that is some distance form the source diode. Can I package these two objects into one that I can import to my different models?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Jeff.Wilde 8 March 2023, 00:06

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I don’t think there is a way to consolidate multiple objects into one composite object -- at least not one that I’m aware of, other than perhaps creating a composite CAD object, but that’s not a very general solution.

To duplicate multiple objects, you can always just copy a group of objects from one model and paste them into the same model or another model at whatever row location you like. 

Regards,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I am aware of that but I wanted to know if there is something more intricate, I would like to know if it is possible to combine them into an object that I can share with colleagues instead of sharing a whole zemax file with them to copy from.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

To duplicate multiple objects, you can always just copy a group of objects from one model and paste them into the same model or another model at whatever row location you like. 

Regards,

Jeff