Question

Interferometer Surface (Zygo MX .dat) onto Lens Suface

• 28 September 2023
  • 0 replies

Hi Everyone,

GOAL:

Load an interferogram to define the surface error of an optic so I can simulate TWE through the optic.

I’m using Optics Studio Premium 23.1.3

STEPS TAKEN:

I”m using a Zygo MX interferometer to gather data on a flat optic. I have measurements of both faces of the optic and have saved them as .dat files. From what I’ve read I’m supposed to set both face of my optic to “Grid Phase” and then under surface properties import the interferogram as a .dat. When I load I get an error saying there must be at least 5 rows and 5 columns. I click okay and it accepts the surface. (I’ve also tried these same steps with “Grid Sag” as the surface type).

I’ve done this and when I look at the TWE under Analyze, then Interferogram as well as Wavefront Map I get something very very different from what it should be. I can confirm this by only loading a Grid phase to one surface and making the other just a normal flat. It’s nowhere near what you’d expect for the TWE. I also noticed that change the surface thickness has a disproportionate scaling to the wave front. Goes from nearly no TWE to thousands of waves of error with just a few mm.

I also read I should check the Analyze, Surface, Surface Sag to confirm the surface loaded correctly. It give’s me all zeros when I do this for each Grid Phase surface with a .dat loaded to it.

If someone can help enlighten me I’d much appreciate it. I’ve also read something about using an .ini file for this. I’ve also exported and .int file for the same surfaces, but I’m not clear what to do with it as I can’t even “Import” it under the surface using either Grid Phase nor Grid Sag.

I’ve read these two threads but I’m still not managing to achieve what I’m trying to do:

0 replies

Be the first to reply!