Solved

Change source array radius of a source file by multi-configuration operands

• 19 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi!

I am trying to set up a system with different configurations of a light source. The light source is defined by a source file and set up as a circular array with a certain radius. I would like to change the radius of this circle between different configurations of the system. Is there a way to reach this radius parameter by a multi-configuration operand?

The ZPL function SETNSCPROPERTY seems to have a way to reach in and do this.

SETNSCPROPERTY (keywords)

Sets properties of NSC objects.

Syntax:

SETNSCPROPERTY surface, object, code, face, value

Code Property

The following codes set values on the Sources tab of the Object Properties dialog.

Sets the array mode; 0 for none, 1 for rectangular, 2 for circular, 3 for hexapolar, and 4 for hexagonal.

165-166

Sets the array mode double precision arguments 1 and 2.

I have tried to set this with the NPRO operand, but it does not seem to do the trick.  My OpticStudio version is 20.3.2

zemaxsourceproperties.png
icon

Best answer by Berta.Bernad 19 January 2021, 11:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Hans!

It seems that these parameters are not supported by multiconfiguration operands. The workaround may be, as you said, use the ZPL function SETNSCPROPERTY to change them, or define several sources in the Non-Sequential Component Editor with different radius and then, in the Multi-Configuration Editor control the number of analysis/layout rays with NPAR (So in each configuration there is only one source with an specific array radius).