Solved

ZOS-API Using Tilt

• 25 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I cannot get the Tilt About X or Y to insert new tilt angle.  And I would like to read from a .txt to do the same but cannot get the write method to initially set or change the Tilt About X - here is some of my code.

TheLDE = TheSystem.LDE;

%TheLDE.InsertNewSurfaceAt(2);

%TheLDE.InsertNewSurfaceAt(12);

%TheLDE.InsertNewSurfaceAt(5);

Surface_12 = TheLDE.GetSurfaceAt(12);

%Surface_5 = TheLDE.GetSurfaceAt(5);

TheLDE.GetSurfaceAt(12).TiltDecenterData.BeforeSurfaceOrder = ZOSAPI.Editors.LDE.TiltDecenterOrderType.Decenter_Tilt;

TheLDE.GetSurfaceAt(12).TiltDecenterData.BeforeSurfaceTiltX = 5;

TheLDE.GetSurfaceAt(12).TiltDecenterData.AfterSurfaceTiltX = -5;

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 26 March 2021, 10:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi

I tested your code in Matlab with the Interactive extension and it works for me. I just opened an empty sequential system, added lines to the editor until I had a surface 12. Then I typed this code:

TheApplication = MATLABZOSConnection(7);

TheSystem=TheApplication.PrimarySystem;

TheLDE = TheSystem.LDE;

Surface_12 = TheLDE.GetSurfaceAt(12);

Surface_12.TiltDecenterData.BeforeSurfaceOrder = ZOSAPI.Editors.LDE.TiltDecenterOrderType.Decenter_Tilt;

Surface_12.TiltDecenterData.BeforeSurfaceTiltX = 10.0;

Surface_12.TiltDecenterData.BeforeSurfaceOrder = ZOSAPI.Editors.LDE.TiltDecenterOrderType.Tilt_Decenter;

Surface_12.TiltDecenterData.AfterSurfaceTiltX = -5.0;

As a result I have:

Let me know how you are running your test.

Sandrine

Thank you - yes, It worked for a new instance - I guess I meant the TitlAboutX, and TiltAboutY - wanted to see that change - but surface_12 object does not support that method/property- i tried:

Wanted to see the LDE TiltAboutX and Y change to these parameters:

%TheLDE.GetSurfaceAt(12).TiltAboutX = 5

%TheLDE.GetSurfaceAt(12).TiltAboutY = 4

but did not see the LDE change - maybe it takes a different property or namespace but I cannot find it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Could you try in the interface? Because some surfaces can not have a coordinate break just after, so maybe that is why you can't do it. 

Or would be able to send a screenshot of surfaces 11, 12 and 13?