Solved

ZOS-API FftMtf analysis Wavelength bug on 23.1

• 28 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

Since I updated to 23.1, I have an issue with FftMtf analysis settings, which has no “Wavelength” attribute. You can see the error on the screenshot. The test script I am showing is a modified MTF ZOS-API example (PythonStandalone_04_pull_data_from_FFTMTF.py). This sample works ok by itself but fails if I try to add line 189 in the screenshot.

Error message when trying to access FftMtf analysis settings.Wavelength

I tried to revert to 22.3 but it did not help. I am not 100% sure it is linked to the update.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by David.Nguyen 28 February 2023, 12:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Raphael,

I’ve seen this error several times now. I’m guessing you’re using a version of Pythonnet > 2.5.2. Try reverting to Pythonnet 2.5.2.

Take care,

David

Userlevel 1

Hi Raphael,

I’ve seen this error several times now. I’m guessing you’re using a version of Pythonnet > 2.5.2. Try reverting to Pythonnet 2.5.2.

Take care,

David

Hi David,

Thanks a lot, it works! This also means we are limited to python 3.8 (I had upgraded to 3.9).

Does anyone at Zemax know if this will be corrected?

Thanks!

Raphael

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Raphael,

I think Zemax is aware of the issue:

But what I don't know is if this is something they can fix or if the problem is with Pythonnet. Better ask Zemax themselves.

I must add that some stuff still works with more recent version of Pythonnet, but its quite inpredictable. In some projects, I use more recent versions of Python and Pythonnet, and it works fine. If anything, I would say the issue is mostly with analyses.

Take care,

David

Userlevel 1

Haha indeed, I was actually reading some of those, thanks for your help!