Question

How to open and modify settings of a user analysis in ZOS API?

• 29 August 2023
  • 3 replies

I created a user analysis in ZOS API that works well when opened manually in the GUI. But i wonder if there is an option how I can programmatically open this analysis in ZOS API.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Timo.Eppig,

What do you mean when you say you created a user analysis in ZOSAPI? Did you actually make a C#/C++ User Analysis in the form of an executable (*.exe) file? If that’s the case, and you want to call this user analysis in the ZOSAPI, I don’t think I’ve seen this possibility in the Syntax Help File. You might have to translate this analysis into whatever language you use the ZOSAPI with, if that makes sense.

Take care,

David

@David.Nguyen 

That’s exactly what I have … I created a User Analysis in C# as an executable file a while ago. And now I just would like to use the Analysis to get the data without having to copy all the source code to my new program. 

Thanks

Timo

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Timo.Eppig,

As far as I know, you will have to copy the source code into your new program. But hopefully someone proves me wrong.

On the bright side, once the analysis code is copied, it’ll probably save some overhead time (from calling the executable) in your new program.

Take care,

David