Solved

Access tilt/decenter tool of sequential mode via ZOSAPI

• 15 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Dear community, 

I would like to access the tilt/decenter tool from the sequential surface editor via the ZOSAPI interface. In particular, I would like to do so with Python. I searched the documentation but I could not find anything about this tool. Other tools, such as the conversions between global and local coordinates area acessible via ZOSAPI. 

Did I miss something or is the tilt/decenter tool not yet integrated in ZOSAPI? If so, are there plans to do so?

Best regards
Benjamin

icon

Best answer by David.Nguyen 16 May 2023, 12:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Benjamin,

Interesting question, I didn’t find it either. I don’t think you missed it, its probably not implemented. As to when it might be implemented, that’s a question for Zemax’s staff. However, you could program this tool yourself with the ZOS-API in the meantime (happy to help if you want to go down that route).

Take care,

David

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi David,

thanks for confirming. And thanks for offering your help! I already have  implemented the tilt/decenter functionality but it’s quite a few lines of code. I was hoping to make my code more compact by using the built-in tool.

Best regards
Benjamin

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Benjamin,

It makes sense. Please don’t hesitate to share your implementation here. Other people might help you make it more compact, and it could be useful for others as well.

Take care,

David