News

What happened to MyZemax?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Zemax launched its new website suite on July 24, 2021. With this website revamp, we are seeking to provide you with the best online experience possible! To that end, we have removed MyZemax, and have replaced it with a few inter-connected sub-spaces. See below for details. 

MyZemax 发生了什么?(Chinese Version)

MyZemaxはどうなったのか? (Japanese Version)

License Management 

License management is now found within your general Zemax Account. This can be accessed from anywhere on Zemax.com. As long as you are logged in, you can also access it here: https://zemax.com/pages/profile

Knowledgebase 

The Knowledgebase is now located separate to the forums at support.zemax.com. All of your favorite articles are still there! You can access it by clicking here: 

Figure 1: A screenshot of the Community header with ​​​​​the Knowledgebase link highlighted

Note: The search is still global! Type what you're looking for on our homepage and you will see results from the community and the knowledgebase! 

Forums 

The forums have been updated! The Zemax Community now has new features, including: 

• Forum categories 
  • Tags that are searchable 
  • Private Messaging 
  • Gamification 
    • Users can rank up by posting more. Users can earn badges by posting answers, participating in conferences, and more! 

Note: Your username is your identifying feature on the forums. It cannot be updated by you. If you would like a different username, please contact support. 

Release Notes 

Release Notes are now dynamic! You can find the latest release notes here: Zemax Product Updates.

Important Updates 

With this move, we are continuing to make updates and improvements. All forum posts with Knowledgebase article links are being updated with the corrected link. We are working diligently to make these updates. However, if you find a broken link, flag it!

11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

My license information no longer shows up.  Is that going to be fixed?

Userlevel 3
Badge

It would be nice if the “Got a Question” category could be broken down further, similar to the categories that existed on forum.zemax.com.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

What I mean by that is, in my profile it says I have no licenses (I actually have 3) and my access to the knowledgebase and other features is “unsupported”.  Others at my organization have the same issue.  Please fix this ASAP as I have no support services which I have paid for.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

What I mean by that is, in my profile it says I have no licenses (I actually have 3) and my access to the knowledgebase and other features is “unsupported”.  Others at my organization have the same issue.  Please fix this ASAP as I have no support services which I have paid for.

My licenses are now showing up but I am still “unsupported” so cannot open a support ticket. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

My licenses are now showing up but I am still “unsupported” so cannot open a support ticket. 

All is OK now!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

It would be nice if the “Got a Question” category could be broken down further, similar to the categories that existed on forum.zemax.com.

Hi @Sean Turner - thanks for your feedback! We have started with a reduced number of categories to help users get used to the format. As more posts are created, we will make new categories based on the most popular tags. If you have suggestions for a specific category you would like to see, let us know! You can either reply here, or make a new post with the tag Web Experience

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Has Zemax corporation stopped offering support by appointment?  I don’t see a link anywhere.

-B

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Has Zemax corporation stopped offering support by appointment?  I don’t see a link anywhere.

-B

Hi Brian,

You can still schedule a call with us through your Zemax Account page:

Let me know if you have any trouble with this.

I’m not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but I am Licence Admin for all our company licences.

When going into My Zemax using Chrome on a Windows 10 Pro 64 PC, under My Account when I try to view which users I’ve assigned to various licences it is often not showing ANYONE.

Oddly, it seems to show it briefly, particularly on Single User licences, then vanishes to be replaced by blank space.

Not particularly helpful. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@George.Haytack The description you’ve shared isn’t a known or previously encountered issue with the license management system in our new website, so we’re going to set up a support ticket for you to gather some more information and troubleshoot this behavior. While we sort out the website behavior, our support team can add/remove end users on your behalf according to your instructions.

Thanks Alissa.

I seem to have a natural “skill” for breaking software without trying :joy:

Perhaps I should think about it as a new career move - software testing LOL.