Mark has retired from Zemax

• 4 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Dear Zemax users,

I just wanted to let you know that I have retired from Zemax. I now have the title Emeritus CEO, and I'll continue to be active here. Swaminathan Subbiah (he goes by Subbiah) is the new CEO and I am sure he will do a great job.

I also wanted to say thank you to you all for your friendship, as well as custom, over the years. My personal email is markgnicholson (at) gmail.com, and it would be great if we could keep in touch.

Oh, and we have some seriously cool stuff coming out next year, but I shall let others talk about that :-) 

- Mark

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Mark,

wishing you well for the future and I'm glad to hear that you won't be completely leaving the scene.  Thanks for all the hard work you have put in to making Zemax the essential tool it is today for all us hard working optical engineers. 

Andrew
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks Andrew! I'll still be here a fair chunk of time 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge
Mark!  Only last month we were at the conference in Boston and you never let on.  Congrats on your newfound emeritus status and on new beginnings.  You'll be missed!

Alex
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks Alex. Couldn't say anything at Envision as i's had not been dotted and t's had not been crossed...

Coming up for three weeks now and am loving it :-)

- Mark