I had a hard time in controlling the aspherical surface shape on a design found by the hammer optimization (over night, you get it. It’s a better practice to add some constrains before we optimize instead of after the optimization.) for my project. I did some investigation and want to share with you some methods and tools that I found quite useful.
- We can use the Q type to optimize, then convert to even asphere if needed for certain reasons.
- The tool in Analysis->PAL/Freeform→ Power Pupil/Field Map may help, similarly the surface sag cross section.
- Following the second one, we can control these by using POWF and POWP
- For mold glass we need something close to sphere, this can be controlled by BFSD
- The SDRV and the SCUR can be applied to optimize the plastic lenses to have the desired shape
I may miss some useful tools. Certain methods may not work for certain cases. I would like to know what you think about these methods and do you have other ways to achieve this?