Solved

ZOS-API - POP Analysis - Display Tab - MODIFYSETTINGS - parameters

• 14 October 2019
  • 3 replies

I'm looking for a description how to access the parameters in the display tab of a POP Analysis in a ZOS Application.

In particular, I want to save the output beam on all surfaces to a specific file.

What are the parameters which need to be set in the cfg file via the MODIFYSETTINGS command to accomplish that?

In the help pdf file only descriptions for the parameters in the other 3 tabs of the POP analysis window are given.

Or is this not possible?

Thanks,

Dirk

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 20 February 2020, 13:31

View original

3 replies

I found something which seems to do the job.

There is a method called RunHighSamplingPOP whith the parameters outputTextFile, outputBeamFileName and saveBeamAtAllSurfaces.

However I was not able to call the method in my application using MATLAB. All other methods from the

ZOSAPI.Analysis.I_Analyses Interface seem to work, but not the RunHighSamplingPOP method.

Did someone come across this problem before?

Thanks, Dirk

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
The post is a bit old, but here is a code snippet that one of my colleague (thank you David!) wrote in Matlab to use the RunHighSamplingPOP method. I thought it could be useful to other users as well.

Samp_Dir = TheApplication.SamplesDir;
CFG_File = System.String.Concat(Samp_Dir, '\LENS.CFG');
x_sam = ZOSAPI.Analysis.POPSampling.S_512;
y_sam = x_sam;
Text_File = System.String.Concat(Samp_Dir, '\LENS_HighPOP.txt');
Beam_Name = System.String('LENS_HighPOP.ZBF');
TheSystem.Analyses.RunHighSamplingPOP(CFG_File, x_sam, y_sam, Text_File, Beam_Name, true);

Thank you Sandrine, on top of your answer, I have one warning for our MATLAB ZOS-API users.

In line 7, the last boolean flag should be specified as true or false explicitly. Putting a zero or one instead would cause an error to be thrown.

I hope this helps 🙂