Solved

Why the image color in the 'Image Simulation' is different with the specified wavelength?

• 21 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I have a question about the color in the tool ‘Image Simulation’. When I only set the system’s wavelength as 633nm, I just build a simple 4f system, and use the ‘Image Simulation’. I found when I choose the 633nm wavelength as the light source, the simulated image actually shows as blue color. I am confused how to display the correct color in ‘Image Simulation’ with the corresponding specified wavelength?

I have attached a screenshot of the image simulation and the corresponding Zemax file ‘Test.zip’ for your reference.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by cynthiapadt 21 February 2023, 21:49

View original

1 reply

Badge +4

Hello!

Here is the information provided in the help files about the wavelength option within the Image Simulation tool: 

This is stating that the displayed image will be in RGB format no matter what wavelengths are defined. So, wavelength 1 will correspond to the blue channel no matter what wavelength is defined in the system explorer. You can also try this by adding two other wavelengths in the system explorer and observing that wavelength 1 still corresponds to blue, wavelength 2 corresponds to green, and wavelength 3 corresponds to red no matter what is defined in the system explorer. 

Hope this helps!