Solved

Set model glass index via ZPL

• 27 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello,

I’m using ZPL to setup a non-sequential component in a sequential file. I’m able to add and set new objects to have a model glass solve type. But I can’t find how to set the model glass index (Nd) value.

Thanks in advance for your help,

John

icon

Best answer by Sean Turner 27 November 2023, 15:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I haven’t had to do this, but I could think of a scenario where it could be useful so I wanted to figure it out.

SOLVETYPE surf, CODE, arg1, arg2, arg3, arg4

surf: Non-Sequential Component surface in Lens Data Editor

CODE: NSC_MATM_o, replace “o” with object number in Non-Sequential Component Editor

arg1: Index Nd

arg2: Abbe Vd

arg3: dPgF

arg4: unused

To test this, I put a Non-Sequential Component on surface 2 in my LDE, and a Rectangular Volume on object 1 in my Non-Sequential Component Editor. I chose parameters to match N-BK7 for the model glass.

SOLVETYPE 2, NSC_MATM_1, 1.5168, 64.167, -0.0009

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Sean Turner ,

Excellent, thank you.

I’m curious, did you find this in the documentation or did you deduce and test?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @John.Hygelund 

I found it in the help documentation for the ZPL keyword SOLVETYPE, however the language could be improved. 

Expert from the help documentation:

Syntax:

SOLVETYPE surf, CODE, arg1, arg2, arg3, arg4

Discussion:

Surf must evaluate to an integer argument between 0 and the maximum number of surfaces. The CODE must be a mnemonic as listed in the following table. The arg1 - arg4 expressions evaluate to the first - fourth solve parameters as specified in “SOLVES”.

I could not find a specific section titled “SOLVES”, but I think the “Summary of Solves” section may be the intended reference.

Regards,
Sean

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Sean Turner ,

I see it now. Thank you.