Sag table output format

• 15 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Is there a way to tell ZOS the numeric precision I need in the sag table output?

Let's say I have an even asphere, specified as 3/ 3(0.5) @550nm, of which I need to generate the sag table. 

The irregularity specification tells 550nm/4 = about 140nm. So there's no reason to go below 10nm with numeric precision in the sag table. Therefore I would like, for the sake of legibility and simplicity, to send the manufaturer a sag table with numerical values rounded to the 10nm, or 100nm, or whatever makes sense for my application.

In contrast, ZOS always splits angstroms.

Thank you a kind regards

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Alberto,

The data displayed in the Sag Table Output text is hard coded into the program and currently there isn’t a way to specify the significant digits there. However, you can try to write a ZPL macro to loop over the surface X and Y coordinates and return the sag information with the Optimization Operand SSAG. Have a look at this article that explains how to get the value for an optimization operand in a macro.

Then, in the macro, you can speficy the numerical precision with the keyword FORMAT:

The Programming Tab > About the ZPL > KEYWORDS (about the zpl) > FORMAT

Best,

Berta

Userlevel 2

Thank you for the advice. Are you planning to soft-code the Sag Table Output text in the future?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I'll ask our Product team, and they will evaluate this as a potential feature request based on impact, difficulty to implement, and the number of users who request them.