Question

reflection after inserting coordinate break surface

• 1 February 2023
  • 0 replies

Our zemax optic studio information: 180117 Premium with Key number of   L102629.

Now I have a few questions about the  " coordinate system change after inserting surface break", especially after that is reflection mirror.

my questions are;

1.  In a sequential mode, after change a surface to be a mirror,  the normal of the surface is located on the “positive z direction side” or “Negative z direction side” ?

2. Continue to question 1, is the light reflected on “negative z side surface” or “ positive z side surface” only?  Or reflection can happen on both sides?

3. Are there some clear definition about the sign of the rotation angle, especially after propagation direction is changed to other directions ?

4.  By the way, can you help me to figure out what are the problems with my layout as attached in the zemax archive file. I want the three mirrors under the windshield can be adjusted independently.  and the line length along the chief ray between the windshield and the first mirror is a fixed value of 220mm.   Thank you very much !

best

Ruik Zhang

0 replies

Be the first to reply!