Question

Reading the effect of Random Polarization by Detector Rectangle.

• 24 November 2020
  • 0 replies

Hi there,

I am trying to model a Fiber Interferometer in Non-Sequential mode and wanting to see an interference pattern with the effect of multiple reflections. 

I have a diode source which has 3mW Power. In the source, Random Polarization box is checked. I have a cylinder and end the of the cylinder is coated. After the coating, I have a Mirror Detector Rectangle and I am trying to read the Coherent Power. By the way,  the 'Normalize Coherent Power' box is not checked in the detector because I want to see an interference pattern with the effect of multiple reflections between coating and mirror detector.

I read the Total Power of the laser as 2 mW. There is no problem here because I am using coatings at the end of the fiber and Polarization Flag of the detector is 0 for now. But, when I try to read the power of laser with Polarization Flag is 1, I read the Total Power of Laser around 10^(-6) mW. The power is also the same with Polarization Flag 2. The reason I changed 'Polarization Flag' to 1 or 2, I want to see the effect of phase on interference pattern. When the 'Polarization Flag' is 3, the power is 0mW as I expected.

I get logical results when Polarization Flag is 0,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. But when Polarization Flag is 1 or 2, the power is decreasing with 10(-6) or 10(-7). I couldn't figure out why.

Thank you so much for any help!

Have a good day,

Emre Aslan.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!