Solved

Problem with reading ZRD file in the 3D layout window

• 4 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Dear Sir/Madam,

Would appreciate your help to provide suggestions about the problem I am facing now with Optics studio. After I ran the Ray Trace of my design and saved a .ZRD file, I tried to read the saved .ZRD file in the NSC 3D layout window.  I have waited for quit a while before the loading process stopped, but the layout window was blank with nothing shown in it. Not sure if it is because my .ZRD file is too big. The size of the .ZRD file is 90GB. If it is so, may I check with you the upper limit of the .ZRD file that can be read by the 3D layout window?

Please feel free to let me know if there is any other information that I should include in my post for you to have a better idea about my problem.

Thank you very much for your concern!

Best Regards,

Jing

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 7 June 2021, 11:15

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello Jing

Yes I think that the software is really slow because of the size of your zrd file. Even if the software manages to display your zrd, there are chances that your layout will be so cluttered that you won't be able to see anything. Remember than in the layout, each segment is drawn in the same way no matter the energy it carries. So I would definitely recommend not displaying a full ZRD file.

One option is to use a filter to show only a set of rays of that ZRD file by using the filter string {#number of rays}.

For example it can look like this:

Check in the help files for further details.

Sandrine