Solved

Opeaning .dat file

• 22 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am opeaning the file with extension “.dat” (Downloaded today) with latest version of zemax 22.1.1 but it is showing error. The “.dat” file that I am having is zemax compatible. I am attaching those errors below..

When opeaning the ".dat" file by renaming its extension to ".zos".

Fig: Error got When opeaning the ".dat" file by renaming its extension to ".zos".

As I am already using latest vesion of optic studio 22.1.1, this error should not come!

When opeaning the ".dat" file by renaming its extension to ".zar".

Fig: Error got When opeaning the ".dat" file by renaming its extension to ".ZAR".

As both the above extensions are compaitable to zemax. “.dat” file should open, but it is not opeaning can you help me in troubleshooting?

Regards,

Chandan Maurya

Mod update: Moved to Got A Question? forum. 

icon

Best answer by Don Dickinson 26 April 2022, 21:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Greetings!

“DAT” flies cannot be directly opened by Opticstudio. Renaming it with other extenstions won’t work since it’s not the correct file type to begin with. These files are typically data sets rather than Optics system files and are meant to be used as companions to existing ZMX / ZOS files. 

Perhaps we can help figure out what to do with the DAT file though. Where did you get the DAT file? Is it a public site you can link to?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear Dickinson,

Thanks for your reply, 

I found the solution, how to open .dat file in zemax and it is working now.

This file was provided by company, it is not available on public site.

Regards,

Chandan Maurya