Solved

Object array

I would like to make a rectangle 2d array-like DMD.
A lot of DMD mirrors are tilted individually with a certain angle at "on state".
So I made a rectangle object as 'parent', and an array object to make it the 2D array. Then array object is linked to the rectangle object. 
The rectangle object is tilted 45 degrees on the z-axis and 12 degrees on the y-axis.
But in this situation, copied rectangles are not tilted, but keep the initial state(only the parent object is changed.).
I want to change their all angles like their parents.  
What should I set? 

Thanks.

Best regards.

icon

Best answer by Csilla Timar-Fulep 24 May 2022, 15:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Taeshin,

I get the same result. The orientation of the parent is not considered in the array. (I think it would be nice if it were.)  And the orientation of the array applies to the array as a whole, not to the individual elements.

However, there is a non-sequential geometry object intended to provide the functionality I think you want. Look up “Micro Electro Mechanical System (MEMS)” in the help system.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello Guys,

Yes, you are correct, unfortunately the orientation of the Parent Object is not taken into account when creating the Array Object. However, there are 3 parameters dedicated for this purpose on the Array Object directly. These are Parameters 17, 18, and 19, Tilt x, Tilt y and Tilt Z respectively. These define the element tilt in degrees about the X, Y, and Z directions. Please note these tilts are about the "normal" local X, Y, and Z axes, and not the user defined X’, Y’, and Z’ axes. This way of definition directly in the Array Object has the advantage that you may create multiple arrays with different orientations from the same Parent Object :)

This would look like the following in the NSCE:

Best,
Csilla