Huygens MTF produces two different results

• 26 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I am getting two different results for the exact same optical system by simply changing which field I am looking at when computing the huygen’s mtf. All I did was change Field from “All” to “1” and the MTF for the same field increased when I switched it to “1” and matches the FFT version much closer then when “All” is selected. Why would that be the case? I have 5 fields, one wavelength.

Ash

mtf.png

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello Ash

Would you be able to share your file with us? You can create a case if you don't want to share your file with the community.

Sandrine

Hello Sandrine,

Okay, it... it went away on its own. i dont know what happened, i swear, all i was doing was switching from all fields to just one of the fields and the mtf was dropping. i closed my zemax last week, opened it this morning, and the results are consistent. i promise i'm not crazy, and yes, i realize thats what a crazy person might say. thanks anyway, i wll keep you posted if i find a gremlin in my computer.

ash

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Ash,

Thanks for your feedback!

I am happy to hear that the problem has beeen resolved. If you encounter this issue again, please do not hesitate to save the file and share it with us, so we can investigate it.

Thanks,

Csilla