How to change pixel size in extruded object detector?

• 10 June 2021
  • 2 replies

In NSQ mode system, I have two detectors, one is rectangular detector and the other one is an Extruded object works as a detector.

In rectangualr detector, there are 301x301 pixels and the area of extruded object is larger than hlaf of  that  rectangular detector.

When I check the data of that extruded detector, found there are only 124pixels. I need more pixels to get more detail simulation results and hope the pixel size is the same as that of rectangular detector.

Is there a method to change pixel size or pixel numbers?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Kevin,

Have you tried to export your Extruded Object as a CAD model, and use this CAD Object as your detector? If this works, you might be able to play with the Chord Tolerance in its properties under the CAD tab.

See the following excerpt from the Help File:

For most of the objects, the pixel size can be changed in the Object Property > Draw > Drawing Resolution. For a STEP/IGES/SAT CAD file, the pixel size is controlled by the parameter Chord Tolerance in Object Properties > CAD. See 'Chord Tolerance' for more information. For a STL file, the pixels are decided by the triangles defined in the file and cannot be changed.

Let me know if it helps, and take care,

David

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Kevin and David

Yes this is a really good suggestion.

We also have a setting called Maximum Edge Length that gives the maximum length of any side for each triangle.

Sandrine