Solved

How to assign Field Heights in degree?

• 2 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a system with a maximum half-field of 30 degrees, resulting in a field of view (FOV) of 60 degrees. I am familiar with the process of assigning field height (in image simulation analysis) when fields are given in object height using the reference image. However, if my fields are in degrees, what should be the field height to assign in the image simulation analysis?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you and regards,

Navaneeth Tejasvi

icon

Best answer by Christian Zimmermann 5 February 2024, 09:36

View original

2 replies

Hello Navaneeth,

you can convert fields in Zemax OpticStudio to another field type.

I hope that will help you to get suitable results when apply simulations.

Kind regards,

Christian

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

To clarify, you can convert between different field types as Christian said. If you have field information in degrees, just select Angle in the Type field, as is shown in the graphic above.

As for the Image Simulation, you may use Angle or Object Height fields, but Angle has some difficulties in interpretation, particular at large angles. I would look at the Image Simulation help page, particularly the discussion portions near the bottom in a section titled ‘Comments on using field angles’. As Christian mentioned, converting into object height may help (assuming your object is not at infinity) using the conversion tool in the Field Data editor.