Solved

How to add tilted mirror and non-sequential component into sequential mode?

• 11 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I would like to build a system in the sequential mode of Zemax as the figure shown below. The beam (green arrow) is reflected by a mirror and hit on the right-angle prism, then the beam is coupled by that prism into glass substrate so that it will TIR inside the glass. Now I have already tilted the mirror by certain degree that I want, however, I am stuck with how to add the non-sequential component (right-agnle prism) into the sequential system. I have attahed a Zemax file that I have built, but the part of right-agnle prism does not work well. I am really appreciated for any help or comments! Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Alissa Wilczynski 22 April 2022, 23:57

View original

2 replies

Already solved!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

For those who also look at this in the future, the main issue is that the NSC objects cannot overlap with either the entrance or exit ports. Since the NSC object was a polygon, it’s local axis was perhaps not at the intuitive location, and so part of the polygon overlapped with the entrance port. By moving the XYZ positioning of the polygon object within the NSC space (like by setting it to Z = 20), and also adjusting the exit port to compensate, it’s possible to get rid of the errors.