Solved

Geometric image analysis of more than 1 field angle? Something equivalent to a detector in sequential mode?

• 5 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have a sequential imaging system that is illuminated by a ray bundle with an array of angles. Therefore, I have defined the about ~20 field angles and I would like to see the image at the image plane of all fields. 

The problem that I have is that if I use the geometric image analysis, I can only view one field angle at a time. 

Or, if I want to view the full field spot analysis, I can only view the first 12 fields.

Is there something equivalent to a non-sequential detector but in sequential mode where you can view the image from a variety, > 12 field angles, at once?

Jake

icon

Best answer by Hui Chen 14 October 2021, 00:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Jake,

The equivalent to an NSC detector is the GIA analysis in Sequential mode. The GIA is considered an “extended scene” analysis where the input scene is of a finite size from a range of field angles. The Field entry in the GIA analysis specifies the center of the image file. For example, in this case below, the input image bitmap will be centered on the on-axis field #1 and the input source bitmap will cover a finite field range of +20 to -20 mm Object Height. In other words, though the input image is centered on Field #1, the image you saw is from a full field of +/- 20mm. The Field Size specifies the full height of the input image. 

The Full field spot diagram can only display up to 12 fields at a time for a single Configuration. If you want to view more than 12 fields, what you can do is to make multiple configurations where the first config supports 12 fields, and next config supports next 12 fields, etc. That way you can view all fields in a single Full Field Spot diagram when you select Config: All.