Question

Error message when I reverse my system

• 23 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I designed our system in reversed way, started from image plane to object plane. Now I try to reverse the system back that started from object plane to image plane. However I got an error message: Cannot rind rays to yield requested image height. I am not quite sure what is wrong here. The performance is good with reversed design. I used Grid Distortion to check the chief ray tracing, and they seem fine for all fields. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Xiaolei

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Switch to either field angle or object height.  Make sure the stop is on the right surface.

Badge

Hi all,

Fields setting is object height in reversed design. So when I reverse it back, I just simply change the Fields setting to Real Image height from object height. Because I have multiple configurations, all these configurations have same sensor size, so I use Real Image Height as field setting.

Thanks,

Xiaolei

Userlevel 3
Badge

If problem still persist…

Try by changing the aperture type of the system after reversing. Make sure all image space properties (like NA, image height, F# etc...) correctly transferred to object space correctly after reversing the system.