Skip to main content

Good afternoon,

I would like to kindly ask if there is a more detailed documentation on the new tolerance operands ISOA, ISOB, ISOC, ISOD.

The parameters requested by these operands are:

• Surface: I think this is self explanatory, it is the surface we are interested in
  • Units: I don’t know if this is a factor or a selector for different units. It is lenses units if it is zero?
  • Statistics: I suppose that this symbols indicate the statistics of the distribution of the zernike terms (eg. Kolmogorov or other)

I made some tests, but every time I used them, Zemax crashed. 

I would be very grateful if someone can help me with this topic

If you go to the Ansys help website, then you can navigate to the online documentation for OpticStudio 2024 R2. It has good documentation on the operands you list. For example, in answer to your question,

• Units: Choice of units of the Max value. 0 = units of nanometers and is currently the only option.
  • Statistics: 0 = Always use the Max value for P-V irregularity during Monte Carlo analysis, 1 = Choose the P-V irregularity value from a Gaussian distribution.

Thank you very much Michael! 

I relied only to zemax help tab assuming it was the most up to date.. I didn’t know there also was an online help