Solved

Direction of light through a lens (sequential mode)

• 21 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello! I am fairly inexperienced with OpticStudio, so the solutions to my question may be simple. Currently I am trying to model a system whereby light originates from the left surface, goes through a beam-splitter (the cube), and I analyze the output after the bottom lens (the one on the right I would like to ignore -- say this light leaves the system). The issue I am facing is that I am not able to establish a surface after the bottom lens and, additionally, the light is reflecting off of the rounded end of the lens and ending back at the flat end. Does anyone have any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Chandan.Maurya 22 March 2023, 06:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi,

Are you able to share your file? It could be a problem with how you’ve setup the beam-splitter cube. Someone else had a similar issue not so long ago:

Perhaps this can give you an idea as well.

Take care,

David

Hello! Thank you very much. Below I have attached the ZIP file. I will take a look at the thread you sent.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hii…

If you analyse your desing in transmission direction it is working fine!

For refelction through beam splitter interface you are using a mirror surface.

By adding a mirror surface in zemax the Radius of curvatures(ROC) and thickness will change their sign (parity),  as system is now in mirror space (n = -1). 

Sincce Beam splitter contains mirror surface for reflection. You need to change the parity of thickness and ROC of lens (in general to all surfaces which will come after mirror surface) in your 2nd configuration using MC editor.

Thanks.

Thank you a tremendous amount! This certainly helped clarify how some tools work, in addition to it answering my question!