Solved

Default Label For Photometric Luminous Intensity Should Be Candela

• 8 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Why does OpticStudio label results for Luminous Intensity using units of Lumens/Steradian when you set the Source Units to Lumens?  I don't know anyone or any specification that wouldn't use Candela as the title for the units of Luminous Intensity if working with Photometric units.  On graphs of Luminous Intensity from the analysis of Polar Detectors I always have to change the Y axis title to Candela but can't change the Peak Intensity value unit which is always labelled as Lumens/Steradian.  I have to send these graphs out to customers who have specifications that are always given in Candela and not all of them are technically aware that Lumens/Steradian is the same as Candela.

Please can you at least give users the opportunity to change the Peak Intensity units so that the match the Y axis title.  Even better Candela should be the default Luminous Intensity unit and if users want to revert to Lumens/Steradian they should be able to select this in the Units section of the System Explorer window. 

Andrew

icon

Best answer by Sahil 8 April 2021, 13:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello Andrew,

I have forward your request to Devops Team in order to change the Luminous Intensity unit to candela.We will keep you post as soon I heard from them.You may find useful annotation feature in help section.

The Analyze Tab (sequential ui mode) > Graphics and Text Windows Operations > Using the Annotation Feature

Thanks for your input and feedback.

Regards

Sahil Rajan