Hi OpticsBuilder users,
Version 20.2.2 of OpticsBuilder has been released! OpticsBuilder now allows users to place full optical assemblies into lower level subassemblies. If you would like to add multiple optical assemblies from OpticStudio to your OpticsBuilder top assemby, please follow these steps:
- Create the top assembly
- Create the subassembly you would like to import a ZBD file into
- Open the subassembly that you created
- Click on the OpticsBuilder tab in the PMP or Ribbon
- Select Import ZBD and select the file you would like to import
- Create reference geometry as needed
- Close the subassembly and select Keep All or Save All when prompted
- Repeat steps 2 thru 7 as needed
Note: Reference geometry on the optical components must be created by opening the subassemblies in which they are located.
The picture below shows the Heliar sample ZBD file imported to the first subassembly level with the Single Gauss sample ZBD located one subassembly level lower.