Aborting a Computation

• 12 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

I have an issue where if I open up a file, Zemax will run all the analysis that I previously had open. Usually, this is not an issue, but sometimes I might have something time intensive open, such as Physical Optics Propagators. I know that I can set auto-analysis off, but If I open I file up, where this is not already set, all I can do it wait. 

Is there a hot key that aborts all current analysis ? Hitting Terminate on it does not work in the case of just opening up the program. 

Thanks 

1 reply

Badge +3

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for posting your question in the Forum.

1. The first solution would be as you said, set the auto-analysis off.

2. Another workaround trick (especially if you open a file where 'auto-analysis off' is not already set, e.g. when you got given a ZAR file) is to delete the actual 'Session file (ZDA)' and only open the 'Lens file (ZMX)', please allow me to elaborate:

If you save an optical system in your OpticStudio,per default two files are generated: 1. Zemax lens file (ZMX) and the 2. Zemax session file (ZDA). So, if you delete the ZDA file all the pre-settings about your session (e.g. analysis windows) are deleted but all your lens data is still there and you can start your analysis session from new. Important: Always make sure you are not deleting the Lens file!

Find all the information about Zemax file formats in this Knowledgebase article:

I hope this works for your issue.

Best, Flurin