Question

Spectometer UV Resolution

Hello everybody,

I am Nuclear Physicist and I’m newer of OpticStudio. I’m following the official OpticStudio guide in order to build a Spectometer UV that can work in the range 250-300 nm.

A little remark about the project: How i said the source is in the range 250-300 nm and the light passes through the first lens and cuvette and exits through the second lens.

• Bearing in mind that I have as sensor a 2.8 cm SiPM row with 50 um cells, in order to obtain a resolution of 1 nm, which focal length should I choose for these two lenses in order to obtain an Airy disk on the sensor < 50 um?

After this second lens, the light is focused towards a hole so as to inhibit the passage of unwanted light, after the spot the light is collected by another lens and the parallel beam hits a grating.

• Same question: in order to obtain a resolution of 1 nm, which focal length should I choose for this lense in order to obtain an Airy Disk in the sensor < 50 um? Of course I also want lower aberration.

After which the light is focused by the fourth lens and focused distinctly on the sensor.

• I know from the guide that there is a relationship between the focal length of the lens, the size of the sensor, the angle of incidence and the minimum and maximum angle of dispersion... so if I want to occupy the full 2.8 cm of the sensor, and bearing in mind that my bandwidth is 50 nm, I will necessarily have to use a lens with a 200 mm focal length, right?
  • How can I implement the Spectral Resolution in my work?

The official script that i downloaded doesn’t working in my case!

I enclose the zos files for the paraxial system and the real real system where I’m currently using Thorlabs lenses. 

Please, can you give some advise in order to optimise the resolution of my spectrometer? I never worked with optics.

Best Regards. -SM

0 replies

Be the first to reply!