Simcenter Femap with Nastran extension for STAR data export

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi STAR users,

Our developers have created several custom extensions to help STAR users export results from different FEA software. 

For Ansys Mechanical, you can find the extension described in this KBA, OpticStudio STAR Module: Ansys Data Export Extension. You can download the extension under the Downloads section.

For Femap with Nastran users, the extension is attached under this post. 

Please feel free to reach out to Zemax STAR team if you have any questions regarding usage of these custom extensions. 

-Hui

3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I am trying to use the tool to export from Femap.

Unfortunately I get the error “Member not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020003 (DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND)) when trying to export the deformation data with the STAR Export tool. I followed the attached procedure. In the group for export I selected one surface with its nodes.

Is this a C issue or am I doing something wrong?

Any hint would be appreciated. I do not know what to try else.

Kind regards

Christian

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Christian.Althaus 

I totally missed your post so sorry for the delayed response. I’m not familiar with this FEA data export process from FEMAP. Let me reach out to my colleagues and see if they can provide some insight on why you saw the error. 

~Hui

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Christian.Althaus 

Based on what your screenshot shows, it seems as if you selected the group you just created, when trying to export the data.
Instead you would have to activate the result before clicking Export Deformation to STAR. (see step 4 in the pdf)
Please let me know if that worked for you.