[Webinar] Designing Cell phone Camera Lenses with an Interoperability Workflow – Part 2 [Q&A]

• 17 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

This thread is dedicated to the upcoming webinar: Designing Cell phone Camera Lenses with an Interoperability Workflow – Part 2. Any questions received during the webinar will be responded to as a reply on this thread. Feel free to post your own questions! The speaker will be notified and will respond as long as the thread is still open.

Be sure to subscribe to this thread if you want to see additional discussion regarding this webinar topic. The thread will be open to new replies for a limited time following the event.

[The event has concluded]

Webinar details

Date: Thursday, September 22nd

Time: 6:00 - 6:45 AM PDT | 11:00 - 11:45 AM PDT

Presenter: Esteban Carbajal, Senior Product Manager

Abstract:

Cellphone camera designs are required to meet evermore stringent performance specifications to compete in the field. Laboratory testing typically occurs late in the manufacturing phase where any previous errors in estimates that are found will cause significant schedule delays and cost increases. Simulation can enable customers to find these errors earlier in the process and prevent costly mistakes. In this second part of the Designing Cell phone Camera Lenses with an Interoperability workflow webinar series, Esteban Carbajal will present a streamlined workflow that includes Ansys Mechanical, and the STAR technology featured in Ansys Zemax OpticStudio Enterprise to easily examine the impact on optical performance at several points in a broad temperature range.

Allie 1 year ago

Watch the recording

A recording of the webinar may be found here: Designing Cell phone Camera Lenses with an Interoperability Workflow – Part 2

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Watch the recording

A recording of the webinar may be found here: Designing Cell phone Camera Lenses with an Interoperability Workflow – Part 2

Badge +1

Q: Hello I am a postgraduate student starting off in the world of optics. Is it possible to get the sample project from part 1 just to familiarize myself with OpticStudio? / Is it possible to download Creo for OpticsBuilder for students? / Is it possible to obtain a copy of these slides? / It would be great to get both part 1 and part 2 slides / Is it possible to obtain more information on optical performance analysis for students?

A:  Howdy! Since you are interested in learning more about OpticStudio and this workflow I would recommend exploring our academic program, ZGAP (https://www.zemax.com/pages/get-the-skills-you-need-for-a-future-in-optics). From there, have a look at our learning paths (https://www.zemax.com/blogs/free-tutorials). For the slides, I’ll put the link to Part 1 of the series: 

You’ll be able to watch the recording and see the slides. 

Badge +1

Q: Hi! I evaluated STAR Module and ANSYS about a year or year and a half ago. We came the conclusion that STAR was not working for us, our lens systems are wide enough (150deg up to 196deg) that we require Ray Aiming to be turned on. With this setting on in Zemax, the software was too slow to be functional. Was this fixed recently? This webinar shows exactly what we were trying to do back then

A: Hello, my team has worked hard to streamline the algorithm under the hood so that OpticStudio can perform better when both STAR and Ray Aiming are used at the same time. I would encourage you to trial the software again and test it for your case. 

Badge +1

Q: is there a recorded video available for the first webinar?

A: Hello, you can find the recording for the first part of the webinar series here: 

Badge +1

Q: Are you using active alignment to be able to align lenses with the sensor?

A: @BlackHawk In this particular example we're not doing any active alignment. 

Badge +1

Q:  Can I receive a link for session 1 of this?

A: @Steven.Smith Here is the link to Part 1 of the webinar series: