Introducing exceptional students

• 18 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

In Q3 2021, Zemax partnered with the Optica Foundation to identify and support exceptional optics-focused students in emerging economies.  I’m very excited to have these individuals join our ranks within the Zemax user community, and I hope that everyone will join me in welcoming and mentoring them.

Samuel ( @sizapatav23 )  - Jesus ( @cansecodiaz ) - Naresh ( @Naresh.Kumar ) - Anda-Maria ( @Maria T ) - Adewale ( @adewale ) - Melvin ( @Melvin.James ) 

For the students, please reply on this thread to tell the community a bit about yourself! I think we’d all like to know…

• Degree you’re pursuing
  • Your academic institution
  • What are your passions within the field of optics?
  • What do you hope to study or learn with your OpticStudio software?
  • Is there anything you’d like to ask of the community members?

7 replies

Userlevel 1

I am Adewale, an MSc student at the Hebei University of Technology. I would like to research novel Optical materials and develop good Optical design skills. I would appreciate any assistance from the community members that could help me grow in my career goal. Thanks so much to Zemax and Optica for this great privilege.

Userlevel 1

Hello all,

I am Maria, PhD student at the University of Bucharest. The topic of my thesis regards spatio-temporal couplings, which concerns the high power laser systems. I was involved up to now in laser characterization and development and in laser experiments for fundamental Physics.

My activity regarding optical design has implied making optical simulations for various optical setups e.g. optical atenuator, CPA (Chirped Pulse Amplification) compressors, beam propagation. I am interested in learning how to
simulate and understand the aberrations that we encounter in the laser systems, the design of good quality imaging systems and last but not least to simulate the propagation of broadband pulses - for which I would kindly ask experienced people’s advice.

Thank you for having me in your community!
Maria

Userlevel 1

Hi, everybody!
First of all I want to thanks "Optica Foundation" and Zemax for this opportunity.
My name is Jesús Canseco, I'm a student of the Technological University of the Mixteca (UTM) and I'm doing my thesis project.
My interest to learn in the field of optics are: simulation of lightning systems, simulation and design lens for microscopy, and interferometry to teaste optical surfaces.
I would like know students and professionals in optics to talk about optics.

Greetings,

Jesús Canseco

Badge

Hi all,

My name Samuel I. Zapata-Valencia, I am a master student from Universidad Nacional de Colombia. I am interested in the design of cost-effective Opto-mecha-electronic systems. I want to thank Zemax and Optica for having allowed me to improve my optical design skills and help me to grow up as a professional in optical engineering.

I already finished the training course, and I would like to explore the integration of OpticStudio with Python for optimization and tolerancing, any advice on how to start?

Bests
Samuel

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all,

My name Anurag Sharma, I am a Ph. D student from Punjab Engineering College (deemed to be university), India. I am interested in the design of ultra-low loss Optomechanical systems. I want to thank Zemax,  SPIE and Optica for giving me the platform to improve my optical design skills and help me to grow up as a professional in optical and nonophotonics engineering. 

I already finished the SPIE training course,on Zemax optistudio and EdX course on Photonic Integrated circuit design using ANSYS-Lumerical and Klayout. I am currently exploring the integration of OpticStudio+Lumerical (FDTD+FEEM+HTE+QUTIP) with Python.

Looking forward to join the global team working to solve the biggest issues with optics and photonics.

Bests
Samuel

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all,

My name Samuel I. Zapata-Valencia, I am a master student from Universidad Nacional de Colombia. I am interested in the design of cost-effective Opto-mecha-electronic systems. I want to thank Zemax and Optica for having allowed me to improve my optical design skills and help me to grow up as a professional in optical engineering.

I already finished the training course, and I would like to explore the integration of OpticStudio with Python for optimization and tolerancing, any advice on how to start?

Bests
Samuel

Hi Dear,

Glad to meet you. Pleease find the link below as a starting point for integrating Optistudio with python.

Connect to OpticStudio from Python with the ZOS-API Interactive Extension – Knowledgebase (zemax.com)

Userlevel 1

Hello All,

I have also finished the training and would be interested to determine the propagation of pulsed laser beams from the focusing mirror towards the focus. I understand the solution would be to use the ZOS-API to determine the temporal profiles of the laser fields.

Can anyone please tell me if there is any already written code in MATLAB/Mathematica/Python that could help me  in this concern, and how I can get access to it?

Thank you very much in advance!

Maria