Solved

Transfer OpticStudio License to a new computer

• 13 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am setting up a new computer and I need to transfer my license from my older computer to the new computer. When I open the Zemax License Manager on my old computer I see my license, but on the 'Send License' tab the 'transfer' button is grayed out. How do I go about transfering the license to my new computer?

icon

Best answer by Csilla Timar-Fulep 15 February 2021, 11:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi John,

Thanks for your question here!

It seems that you are an end user of a network license, and this is why you see the transfer button grayed out on your client machine. Licenses can only be transferred from the machine where they are activated, for network licenses this means transferring from one server to another server machine. On your client machine, if you are using a checked out seat, checked out seats are locked to the machine that checked out the license, they cannot be transferred. The 'transfer away' button is unavailable to indicate this. You will need to check the license seat back in, and check it out on a different computer. You may find more information about how to configure your new computer as a client machine here:

How to configure the keyserver and clients for Zemax network licenses

Further references about the transfer process are detailed here:

Transferring and updating a softkey license

Finally, you may find out more about the different license types from this article:

How to identify your OpticStudio license

I hope this helps, but if you have further questions, please let us know and we will be happy to help!

Best,

Csilla