Solved

RESET ZEMAX License on computer

• 9 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Good morning, 

I transfer my license to my other computer but it crashed and broke, so is there a way to reset my license on my computer?

Since my other is out of commission, I did not have the chance to do the transfer key back to my old laptop. 

Is there a way to get it back on my 1st laptop?

Thank you in advance.

Very Respectfully, 

Talaya S. White

icon

Best answer by Allie 10 December 2021, 01:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @goddisciplet - We noticed you submitted your request to the support team as well as to the forums. We have responded via email. 

For others with a similar issue: hardware crashes often result in a loss of license. If this has happened to you, contact Zemax Support. There may be a way to restore or replace your license in the case of hardware failure. 

I have transferred my license of the Zemax software  to another PC which I had to reinstall. I did not make a copy of the license anywhere else because I thought it would be kept on the original PC. Now I don't have the license on any of the PCs and I need to submit a job on this software shortly. I beg for your help and understanding. Kind regards.

For me the same, I cannot reactivate the student license on my new laptop. I have sent couple of requests to the support team and, surprisingly, I have not received any replies from them. 
Could you please take this matter into consideration too?
Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Seyed, I have opened a support ticket and sent you a reply.