Solved

Can't tranfer Zemax Licence to another computer and OpticStudio not opening

• 14 September 2021
  • 10 replies

Recently, I tried to open OpticStudio Zemax, but it told no license key. The license manager shows validity upto March 2022. I uninstalled and installed again, it wouldn’t open. I tried to transfer the key to another computer, and failed. I have attached a screenshot of the problem I am facing. Any solution?

icon

Best answer by Don Dickinson 17 September 2021, 23:35

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello! 

Can you attach a screenshot of this page from your machine? 

http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html 

That will tell me the license status. Also, is this installed on a standard PC, a virtual Machine or on a Mac with bootcamp (dual boot to Windows)?

Has there been any hardware changes recently just before the license stopped working? 

Hey Don!

I have attached a screenshot of the requested page. I use a standard WindowsPC and no hardware changes were done. 

Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks! 

It looks fine, odd. Can you click the “C2V” button on that page and attach the C2v file it downloads to the ticket? i can see if the license system detects any problems directly. 

Hey!

I was not able to attach the c2v file here. I have created a google drive link with the c2v file instead. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lfCNtJhPk7Ldk7a5A8C4lJb_qm5MeR6k?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks, no errors were detected in the license . I suggest running C:\program files\zemax Opticstudio\opticstudio_prerequisites.exe, that may get the license working again. 

Hey!

I installed the Opticstudio_prerequisites.exe, that did not change anything. I am still facing the same problem.

Userlevel 3
Badge

OK sorry hat didn’t work. This is a strange issue. Can you try going to the “view license” tab in Zemax License Manager and click “Default”? If that doesn’t resolve it, ill see if we can get this license disabled and replaced.   

Hey,  Zemax license manager opens up when I try to open OpticStudio and the license is made default, still no luck. Thanks for your help! Please keep me updated. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ok i got approval for replacement. You should have just received a new license number and  activation code .

Hey Don!

I received it! 

Thank you so much for your help!