Solved

zemax aperture type change and value setting

• 13 March 2021
  • 6 replies

When I changed the aperture type from 'floating stop' to 'image space f#', the image f# is set automatically a value that's different from the previous image f#, if I want to change it, zemax does not allow me to. 

How to change the aperture type and set the correct f#? thanks a lot. 

icon

Best answer by Mark.Nicholson 14 March 2021, 20:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Set Aperture Type to Image Space F/# and then enter the desired f/# into the Aperture Value box directly below it.

Personally I prefer to use an f/# solve on the radius of the last surface with power as a way of setting f/# as it's the most computationally efficient way of doing it and means you don't need an extra variable + EFFL oerand to set f/#.

- Mark  

If I start from aperature 'float by stop size', change to image space F/#, it will automatically give a value, but it doesn't allow me to change, not sure if something constrains it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Weihua,

Are you using Multi-Configuration? Maybe your system is using a pick-up solve to pickup the aperture from Configuration 1, so OpticStudio will not allow you to directly adjust their aperture values in System Explorer for Configuration 2 or 3? 

If this is not the case, feel free to open a case and share your sytem with us so we may have a closer look at it.

Best,

Berta

@Berta.Bernad , How can we check if we have pickup solve ON? I am trying to change the system aperture for second configuration, but it changes for both configurations. I needed different apertures for both configurations. Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Gurwinder,

If your columns have pickup solve from previous columns you will  “P” in the small box given at every adjacent cells.

To use different aperture value for different configuration you can use “APER” MCE operand and assign the desired value to it for different configuration.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Thanks @Chandan.Maurya for the reply. Also, we can use SATP operand in the multi configuration editor to control different aperture system/values in different configurations. It solved my problem.