Solved

Why I can't see anything in the layout?

• 24 December 2021
  • 10 replies

Hi all,

I am really new in Zemax, learning from the tutoral and found out that why I couldn’t see anything in layout (Cross-Section) when I open after I set all the proper parameter?

Even I tried to optimize all the system, the variable didn’t change, not sure if this related to the same problem? 

I also have tried some example documents from the Zemax file and the problems are the same.

icon

Best answer by Jeff.Wilde 25 December 2021, 06:05

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What is your aperture setting?  If zero, change it to an appropriate non-zero value.

Also, be sure to use enough rays to see the beam in the Layout window:

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply, I’ve tried to increase the number of rays and apertaure. but nothing change… I think I have bumped into really weird situation… I even tried to re-install the software but nothing change too...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you attach your file I can take a quick look at it.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks! Please find the attachment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I opened your file and see that, for some reason, the layout window does not display properly.  So, I just closed it and opened another version, and it works fine. 

You can also try 3D Viewer and Shaded Model layouts too.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the try. So it is kind like a bug of the software? What I am using now is the latest version of OpticsStudio. I also tried the other 2 options but they display my setup too….

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So the layout is still not working?  Try opening the attached file.  I’m also using the latest version (21.3.2).  A couple of layouts (cross-section and shaded model) should automatically load.  If they still don’t work, then I suggest you contact technical support.  There may be some issue with your graphics card and/or graphics driver.

Ok both two layout are still blank, I will try to contact the Zemax support, thanks!

Hello @Kevin Chen, I have the same issue you presented in this discussion one year ago. Could you tell if and how you fixed it please? 

Best regards, 

Manon

Hi @Manon.Lallement, It also happend for me today. Could you tell me if and how you fixed it please?