Skip to main content

Version 24.1 NSC Shaded Model hangs up big time, especially after I minimize it then restore it.  No response at all to mouse or keyboard.  I have to kill it and restart it.

When will this bug be fixed?  This is a BUG, not a feature.  Please repair in an interim release.

Mike

Yes, please fix this! I’m getting tired of continuously opening a new NSC Shaded Model windows when the current one becomes non-responding. This has been going on for quite some vesions now…

/Hans

Zemax management seems to let some bugs linger, like dangling a carrot in front of us, hoping we’ll continue to pay for updates that fix the bugs.  That’s not how Ken Moore would have handled them.  This new optics code from Quadoa at https://www.quadoa.com/index is beginning to look like a good alternative.

Yeah, Quadoa definitely seems attractive with its modern look and the possibility to simply select en element simply by clicking on it, as opposed to some “spreadsheet-based” optical design software…

Have you tried it yet?

After testing QUADOA for a month, I was thoroughly impressed with its modern feel and responsive GUI, especially when compared to Zemax. The multi-sequential ray tracing feature stood out to me as it allows for defining multiple paths through the same set of optical elements, which is much more convenient than Zemax's multi-configuration feature. Additionally, QUADOA offers excellent import/export options for Zemax and Code V, and the Python interface is easily accessible and user-friendly. I found the support team to be swift and always helpful via email.

After testing QUADOA for a month, I was thoroughly impressed with its modern feel and responsive GUI, especially when compared to Zemax. The multi-sequential ray tracing feature stood out to me as it allows for defining multiple paths through the same set of optical elements, which is much more convenient than Zemax's multi-configuration feature. Additionally, QUADOA offers excellent import/export options for Zemax and Code V, and the Python interface is easily accessible and user-friendly. I found the support team to be swift and always helpful via email.

Sounds great! Are you sure you’re not affiliated with them in any way? 😀

:D No, I am certainly not. I would still like to see them succeed and grow their customer base. More competition in the market for optics design software would be beneficial for us users.