Solved

Turning mirror in NSC

• 9 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi everybody,

i  put an turning mirror (==like fold mirror in SC) in my optical system in NSC. I realized this with rectangle object ant mirror material under 225° tilt about x. But the following optical parts( 2x lenses) after turning mirror now are off axis and parallel to turning mirror. I corrected that again with 45° tilt of next following lens. Only problem is now, that all optical parts after turning mirror are all off axis. Is there any option like fold mirror (in SC) in NSC?

thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Csilla Timar-Fulep 13 September 2021, 11:22

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Amarandi,

Thanks for your post here on the Community forums.

Object positions are defined in a different way in NSC compared to sequential mode. In NSC, by default object placement is defined in a global 3D coordinate system. In order to place objects relative to other objects, you will need to use the Reference Object property. You may read more about this in the Help system at:
The Setup Tab > Editors Group (Setup Tab) > Non-sequential Component Editor > Non-sequential Overview > Object Placement

Further detailed discussions can be found in these knowledgebase articles:
Exploring Non-Sequential Mode in OpticStudio – Knowledgebase (zemax.com)
How to create a simple non-sequential system – Knowledgebase (zemax.com)

Besides, for complex tilts in NSC, please check this forum thread:
rotate mirror on tilted axis | Zemax Community

Finally, if you are more familiar with the sequential design, you may try to create your system in sequential mode and then convert it to NSC by using the Convert To NSC Group tool:
Converting sequential surfaces to non-sequential objects – Knowledgebase (zemax.com)

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best,
Csilla