Tolerance analysys in multiconf

• 6 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Dear All,

Sorry for this potential stupid question, I'm relatively a new optics studio user.

I have an optical system with several configurations (several channels, to optimize pupil and image). I would like to perform a tolerance analysis and need to implement in the process a compensator to keep the collimation of my first optics.

What is the easiest way for that ?

- I though to create a new configuration and implement a paraxial lens and use the object frontal distance as a compensator. Problem: I didn't see how to change the surface type in the multi config area to implement a paraxial lens.

- is it better to use a tolerancing script using the CMCO operand ?

Other point, if I want to make a sequentlial analysis reprodcing my alignment procedure, is the best way to use the ZOS-API function for that ?

Thank a lot in advance for your help

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Laurent

I think I would use a tolerancing script using the CMCO operand. The advantage is that a tolerance script can reproduce an alignment procedure as you can load different merit functions / compensators at each step.

I didn't find a multi-configuration operand for surface type either, so what you could is add the surface and ignore them in the other configuration.

Let us know if you need further help.

Sandrine