Skip to main content
Question

"This version supports 160 configurations." ???

• 14 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Why only 160 available configurations and no any parameter to modify this (or I missed something...)? We are talking about the Enterprise edition…

See also the cite from OpticStudio DOC:

Defining the Number of Configurations

The number of configurations shown in the editor is changed by inserting or deleting configurations using the Insert or Delete toolbar buttons.

The maximum number of configurations allowed in a lens file is 160. If an attempt is made to exceed this limit with the user interface or a macro, OpticStudio will throw an error:

This version supports 160 configurations.

If an attempt is made to exceed this limit with the ZOSAPI using the Multi-Configuration Editor functions InsertConfiguration() or AddConfiguration(), those functions will return a true Boolean but the new configuration won't be added. In the latter case, we recommend manually ensuring this limit is never breached by calling the NumberOfConfiguration property of the Multi-Configuration Editor to keep track of the total number of configurations currently defined within the system.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@waspnears 

I don’t know why 160 specifically. I guess it would help to have some context here. Why is it that you need more than 160 configurations? I would think that if you have that many configurations, you also have a way to manage them programmatically, such as with the ZOS-API. Unless you need a result that depends on all configurations simultaneously, you could just split your total number of required configurations and override them in a loop. If you wish to have 1000 configurations, you program the first 160 (0-159), get the results that you want, then you override the configurations with the next 160 (160-319), etc…

I hope this helps. Take care,

David