Thickness Solves

• 3 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I want to know about different types of thickness solves, what are they when and how to use these solves? I request all to kindly suggest the reading material or any article related to it.

Thanks,

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
The OpticStudio help file is a good place to start. Search "Thickness Solves" and you'll get a definition for each type. Were you looking for more information than this?

How do you implement different thickness solves in the Multi Configuration Editor.  I see the TSP1 operand, but I'm not clear how to use it.  For  config 1, I want to use a marginal ray height = 0 solve, for  config 2 I want to pick up that value determined in config 1.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Patrick,

The TSP1 through TSP3 are not for this purpose. They only allow you to vary parameters entered for thickness Pickup solve. For example, below in configuration 1, I picked up thickness on surface 2 from thickness on surface 1 with a Scale factor of 1 and Offset of 0. Now if i use TSP1 through TSP3 in configuration 2 as shown in the MC editor, than the thickness Pickup solve on surface 2 in configuration 2 will again pick up from thickness on surface 1, but with a Scale factor of -1 and Offset of 0.  

As for your purpose, I don't think there is a multi-configurfation operand currently available for this task. You can try the following workaround though. Insert another surface right after this surface that has the marginal ray height solve placed on thickness cell. Apply Pickup solve on thickness on this newly inserted surface to pick up the marginal ray height solved thickness value. In the MC editor, use IGNR operand twice so that in configuration 1 you ignore this newly added surface, and in configuration 2, you ignore the original surface, as shown below. This way configuration 1 will have the marginal ray height solve and configuration 2 will pick up thickness value from config 1.

I've attached this sample file here for your reference. Do you think this would work for you?

Best regards,

Hui

Thanks - your suggestion should work.