*Some* clients can't access network license despite being configured exactly the same

• 24 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

SOME of our users are currently having issues checking out network licenses because they simply don't show up in the ZeMax License Manager, however it does for some clients. All clients are configured 100% the same in the Sentinel License Manager, and I've attached screenshots of a client who can access the licenses (ava-cmurphy) and a client who can't (ava-dwebberd). Additionally, all clients are using the exact same firewall and have all the same Group Policies.

I've spent hours troubleshooting this today and I'm out of ideas as it's working for some folks and not for others even though they're all configured the same. Here are some of the troubleshooting steps I've taken:

• Tried using various names/IPs for the server (FQDN, local IP, hostname)

• Confirmed all clients can ping server whether they can retrieve license or not

• Uninstalled and re-installed the License Manager on the server

• Compared configurations on server, broken client, and working client to ensure correct

• Removing and recreating the firewall rules on the server

• Turning off the firewall on the server and on the broken client

• Uninstalled and re-installed OpticStudio and License Manager on the broken client (ava-dwebber)

• Windows Updates on broken client

• Installed ZeMax License Manager on a third client, third client can't detect license either

Please advise on how to resolve this issue.

Working client: 

Broken client:

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good afternoon,

I am just writing this to note that this request has been handled via email and a future scheduled call so des not need a staff reply. 

Don D