Solved

Reversing the path

• 10 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I am using ‘Reverse elements’ from lens data to reverse my finite optical system in sequential mode

. what parameters should be constant during reversing optical system? I want to recheck that my system configuration has been correctly reversed or not. That’s why for recheck I want to know the parameters through which I can analyse that my work is correct or not.

If anyone has any suggestion or experienece, Please advice me .

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by designerguy13-photonics 10 August 2022, 08:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all,

I am using ‘Reverse elements’ from lens data to reverse my finite optical system in sequential mode

. what parameters should be constant during reversing optical system? I want to recheck that my system configuration has been correctly reversed or not. That’s why for recheck I want to know the parameters through which I can analyse that my work is correct or not.

If anyone has any suggestion or experienece, Please advice me .

Thanks in advance.

Hi @sanjeev kumar.singh ,

I look at using the reverse element option itself as a constraint method. 

Now if it is about reversing a simple singlet plano-convex lens, you might want to keep the back focal length as a variable and others factor constant. because others parameter will be automatically reversed. But that also changes when you use some solver. Simply reversing though doesn’t seems to have that complications until you know why you are doing so.

Thanks Anurag