Solved

Retaining Co-ordinates of multiple Optical Elements

• 16 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear Community,

I am trying to analyze the vignetting due to tilt of mirror (from 40 degree to 75 Degree) in the above figure (Mirror is at 45 degree tilt) by retaining the coordinates of 1st lens and Glass Slab. But I couldn’t do that…

1. I tried with making 1st surface of 1st lens as global coordinate and try to analyze the effect of mirror tilt, but along with mirror glass slab is also rotating, which is not practical to me.  
  2. I tried with making 1st surface of Glass slab as global coordinate and try to analyze the effect of mirror tilt, but in this case system below the mirror is rotating along with mirror, which is also not practical to me. 

So, Is it possible to retain the coordinates of both the element (glass slab and 1st lens) and rotate the mirror alone without affecting the other optical elements in the system?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by cynthiapadt 19 December 2022, 17:45

View original

1 reply

Badge +4

Hi Chandan, 

It sounds like the coordinate breaks in the system may need to be adjusted. This article reviews setting up coordinate breaks for a refractive element: How to tilt and decenter a sequential optical component – Knowledgebase (zemax.com)

You may also find the first sections in this article helpful: How to model a scanning mirror – Knowledgebase (zemax.com). The first sections describe how to set up a scanning mirror with different tilt angles applied to a fold mirror. This may also describe the behavior you are experiencing:

Hopefully this helps!